I too am trying to get a simple example working. I have put together
this project: http://maven-examples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/jsf-codi/

mvn jetty:run-war   results in

SEVERE: Unable to create JettyWeldInjector. CDI injection will not be
available in Servlets, Filters or Listeners

What else do I need to get this simple example working ?

-Thanks