Hi Stephen!

Well, the current approach in CODI is currently under discussion in the JSF EG.
The whole windowId stuff of CODI might end up in the JSF-2.2 or 2.3 spec.

>T hat seems to work fine when pasting into a new empty window, but it
> still allows you to copy-paste the url from one codi window to an
> existing codi window.

Nope, because the windowhandler.js script will first check the window.name. And
if this is empty/doesn't fit the windowId in the URL, then it will reload the
page with a freshly requested windowId.

LieGrue,
strub