Leonardo Uribe wrote:

> Trinidad is considered "rock solid". Its API is stable, well tested
> and it offers outstanding browser compatibility (now you get why it
> doesn't look too fancy).

I have used Trinidad now for roughly two years in two smaller
projects; and yes, it is solid. I wouldn't say "rock solid",
though. In addition, I have no qualms at all about its look, the
skinning facility and component simple mode made it possible to
realize all layouts that our designers prototyped.

My question was triggered by the following observations:

 -- In the last half year we had roughly 16 threads about Trinidad.
    5 of them got some reaction (one was the long thread about a
    different JS implementations that popped up here again), and 11
    postings got no answer as all. Alone 3 of them in the last
    couple of weeks. I have to admit that I didn't know the answer
    either, otherwise I would have answered; but I'm still quite
    a newbie.

    I.e., it's not only the developer community, the user community
    is very slim as well. There is not much help available if
    problems in using Trinidad raise their head.

 -- After long prodding, Scott has agreed to make new releases, and
    he put out 2.0.1. But 1.2.15 is tagged since ages in the SVN
    repository, and the actual bundling for a new package doesn't
    happen. More Trinidad JIRA tickets seem to be created than
    solved; at least I got the impression over the past few months,
    maybe that's wrong.

    So I deduce that current developer community is too small or
    that its interests are different. And you support that opinion:

> Most of the interest of MyFaces developers these years has been around
> JSF spec, MyFaces Core and MyFaces CODI (future top level project
> Apache DeltaSpike), which have primary importance for JSF and are
> critical parts in the day-to-day work.

Please note: My problem with Trinidad is not its missing further
development. My problem are bug fixes and missing releases that
incorporate those bug fixes. Since many months I use patched
versions, and self-compiled JARs. And since I don't see that this
will change I start to evaluate my options. No bad feelings from my
side, really.

        Joachim

Joachim Schrod, Roedermark, Germany
Email: jsch...@acm.org