Hi Heiko!

Yes, this is perfectly possible

@SessionScoped
@Specializes
public class YourClientConfig extends ClientConfig implements Serializable {
  @Overrides

  public boolean isClientSideWindowHandlerRequest(FacesContext facesContext) {
    return false; // or implement your own logic based on UserAgent, the URL,
etc

  }

I'm not quite sure if I really understood your initial problem though. Do you
have a javascript blocker active for that page?

This intermediate page is almost pure JavaScript and just detects whether you
are on a new page or not. It will then either request a new windowId (if you
are on a new browser tab) or re-execute the original request to your target
page.

LieGrue,
strub