Hi let me tell you my experience.
I migrate from managedbeans + mojarra + glassfish to myfaces + WELD + TomEE
and now I'm so happy to did so.

Now my app use:
-Apache TomEE 1.5
-Apache MyFaces
-Apache CODI
-Primefaces 3.4.2
-Primefaces Mobile
-Primefaces Extensions 0.6.1
-PrettyFaces  3.3.3
-OpenJPA 2.2
-EJB
-JdbcRealm for login (my own query for login using any tables in my mysql
database).
-WELD
-And all the excellent Apache stuff
Etc...

And I'm so happy with this change, the this are more easy to config, use
more standards, is very very fast, use myfaces and with this you can forget
speed issues.

This project is a maven project, in netbeans 7.2.

If you need some example project I can send you a simple example.

I enhance my jpa entities so easy with maven plugin, run in every IDE and
other stuff that are excellents

Seriously if have the opportunity and time to migrate do it now you will be
happy.

And one tip maybe you don't need CODI at the beginning. CODI can help in
many things like type-safe navigations, security, validations,  prerenders
events and so on.

Al most forget to tell you the easy Way for drop your jars in lib folder
and with this decrease your war size, I remember in glassfish sometimes it
wasn't easy.

I recommend you to be alert for changes and fixes in TomEE, because they
fix issues and update in they trunk svn everyday.

Please suscribe to TomEE mailing lists. Rommain is a great commiter guy who
help immediately with other people.

I hope this experience can help you.

SCJA. Jose Luis Cetina
maxtorzito