Hi

There is no magical solutions to you problem. You should check which value
has javax.faces.ViewState request parameter in the POST request that causes
the ViewExpiredException. Put a filter or a PhaseListener that logs that
value when there is an incoming request to that view. The key point is to
know if the view state token is there or not and if it has been altered
somehow between the time the page is renderer and the time the button is
clicked and the POST is sended. You need to log the token saved on the page
too, to know the original value.

One option I can imagine is that the value in the ViewState token is sent
partially. The server received the trimmed token, it doesn't match because
it is broken and it throws correctly the ViewExpiredException. But sounds
unlikely, we need more evidence about what's going on.

What I can say is the code in MyFaces Core is ok in that part and
specifically the state management code has been tested exhaustively. It is
quite unlikely to find a bug in that part.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe