Try to avoid any remoting. Regardless whether remote EJB or even worse SOAP.
The power it takes to transfer all your state to a different node is usually
more than it takes to render your JSF pages. If you have performance issues
then rather scale-out by adding another node and have a haproxy or any other
load balancer with sticky session in front of it.

LieGrue,
strub