With Caching I meant stuff like all the things which do not change often.

There is a big difference between 'almost static' data and between 'living
data'.

E.g. the User data can surely be cached for 30 minutes. How often do you add or
change a new user in your system?
Same for e.g. an amazon catalogue. This can be perfectly be cached for at least
an hour without having to hit the database again.
Of course not all data can be cached, but lots of things which are kind of
'configuration like' can. And this can take away a lot of hits from the
database which is then free to serve other more important stuff.

LieGrue,
strub