Thanks Leo interesting points.

Imo if you have a security issue with a field being disabled then you have
a really weird app imo.

If JSF was used to define disabled then javascript hacks needs to be
prevented but if disabled was never set then I can't think of a use case
where it would be a risk if the client was allowed to disable it.

Also I wonder if myfaces even works like this consistently across
components and 2.x versions? I will test it a little more tomorrow I think.