That is quite strange.  I've never seen Oracle jdk installed there.

In my case Oracle jdk always installs itself to /usr/java/  for example:

/usr/java/jdk-9.0.1
/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_152

Looks like maybe you got something from the Ubuntu repositories that claims
to be Oracle java?

I'd suggest going to Oracle and getting the jdk.  Perhaps some of the
experts here will recognize Oracle installs differently on Ubuntu than it
does on an rpm based system???