Hello Tom,

sorry, but I don't have a Mac, so I cannot reproduce Your issue.
Which file system does Your Mac use? I've found this on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HFS_Plus

Especially this sentence might give a hint - or probably not: "Additionally, the core of the filesystem uses case-insensitive NFD <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_equivalence#Normal_forms> Unicode strings, which led Linus Torvalds <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linus_Torvalds> to say that "HFS+ is probably the worst file-system ever."

Kind regards
Peter