Hi Tom,

are You on Windows? What is the content of Your git config?

Probably these articles provide some helpful information for You:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17683458/how-do-i-commit-case-sensitive-only-filename-changes-in-git
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52950/how-to-make-git-ignore-changes-in-case

Kind regards
Peter

Am 31.01.2018 um 16:47 schrieb Thomas Wolf:

I'm on a defect branch and there have been lots of commits on our main branch since I branched off.  Since I'm nowhere near finishing my work on the branch, I thought it might be a good time to merge changes from the main branch into my defect branch.  The merge went well - only one file had a merge conflict ("SASSimulation.java") which I resolved.  Everything builds and functions as expected.  But when I tried to commit everything to my branch, NB throws up an error:

"Some files were renamed only by changing the case in their names.  You should use a command line client to commit this state, the Netbeans IDE cannot handle it properly."

I can definitely try and use the 'git' commands (I'll have to figure out which options :-), but what files is NB talking about?  There's no list of offending files.  The "Commit Message" doesn't make much sense to me either - it seems to still have the original merge conflict in SASSimulation.java - which I resolved and which had nothing to do with the name of the file (I highlighted the file in commit list just to point it out.)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Tom

--
tjw...@gmail.com <mailto:tjw...@gmail.com>