Hi,

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 12:12 PM, Ashton Hogan
<ashtonho...@ymail.com.invalid> wrote:
> ...I've also tried begging for contributions, it got me nowhere, I eventually
> just settled
>for paying for them instead which moved me forward way quicker... this is just
>my
> personal experience...

Paying people to contribute to Apache projects is a fantastic
contribution, but that cannot go through the Apache Software
Foundation as it's a basic principle that the Foundation *never* pays
for writing software for our projects.

What you can do is contract people to work on things that you find
useful, keeping in mind that merging these contributions into Apache
NetBeans is subject to approval of the NetBeans PPMC, like any other
contribution.

People have been running crowdfunding campaigns for their work on
Apache projects, for example, and that's great as long as the ASF can
stay totally out of it and see the results just as another
contribution.

The example disclaimer at
https://community.apache.org/committers/funding-disclaimer.html should
help explain that better.

-Bertrand (incubation mentor for NetBeans)