You raised some good points. If I relate this back to MS Windows running an exe
file, the messages are different if the exe file was signed with a certificate
that has a trusted root. It does always present the Dialog asking the user if
they want to continue. If the exe is not signed as mentioned, the message
contains various warnings and the coloring of red in various places (as opposed
to green indicating MS was OK with the root certificate).

What would be ideal is if NetBeans could recognize that all nmb's were signed
with the same certificate and that the certificate was backed by a recognized
certificate authority, provide some summary information as Markus suggests and
perhaps include a green border or icon somehow. I withdraw my suggestion that
the Dialog should not appear at all. It is scary for my users though as they
would have been familiar with MS Windows popping up a very small dialog with
green in it from time to time, but never anything that looks like the NetBeans
Dialog.

I think the point should be that NetBeans should be able to state that it
trusts that the modules came from the provider indicated in the certificate,
since it is backed with a known CA authority. What we should be asking the user
is "Do you trust this supplier", in my situation. That would be a much easier
question for my users to answer.

Regards,

Stephen