On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 15:49, Andreas Hauffe
<andreas.hau...@tu-dresden.de> wrote:
> So I obviously I'm supposed to bundle the JRE to the installers
> (Windows, Linux, MacOS). But what's about the OS-independent zip file.
> What is the best way? Should I bundle all JRE's into one ZIP file or
> should I create a ZIP file for each OS with the JRE (which would not be
> OS independent)?
>
> The OS-independent ZIP file were nice for people who have no admin
> rights, so that they can't install software on there computer.

Surely better to have multiple OS-dependent zips than needlessly
increased bandwidth requirements?  Not sure how easy it is to set up
the .conf to point to different bundled JRE's either?

Although, if you're making OS-dependent files anyway, I'd suggest an
app bundle for macOS and something like AppImage for Linux, neither of
which require admin rights to run but are a bit friendlier.  Not sure
there is an easy to create comparable Windows option there!?

Best wishes,

Neil