On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 17:11:10 +1100
"* William" <william.full.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does someone know a fixed font that works in netbbeans so that this
> example lines up:
>
>          1         2
> 123456789*123456789*

On my machine (Debian Stretch) all font spacing (and rendering) problems
disappear using this command to start netbeans:

netbeans -J-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on

For convenience, this can be added to the command line at the end of the
/netbeans/bin/netbeans shell script.

That said, Noto Mono (https://www.google.com/get/noto/) has been working
very well for me. The example above works with or without the altered
command line, but looks nicer with it.

I'm a php guy so I can't vouch for the Java editor. No idea if that
makes a difference.

Regards,

Steve