@Thomas: I wasn't actually suggesting to remove the copy action. My
impression is that this is a NetBeans bug (copy should work) or
otherwise a minor UX bug (the action should be disabled if we can't
manage).

Of course the copy action is valuable. But since everybody was
explaining how to copy *outside* NetBeans I was just half-questioning
why we even have copy in there? We have it for a reason and it should
work!

--emi