Hi,

On Sun, 12 May 2019 at 10:09, European Neuroscience Center
<mnachev.nscenter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my opinion, the problem is fundamental and lies in the vision of future
> development. OSGi is the core of most new technologies and products,
> including IoT and OPC UA, while NetBeans ignores OSGi and rely on outdated
> technologies, that do not have a future. For example, how easy is to create
> an OSGi application or a module using NetBeans, if at all possible? Is
> everything in NetBeans based on OSGi, so it can be used for other projects
> like Eclipse and IntelliJ IDEA?

This thread really interests me, but I'm unclear of how those
questions interrelate here - are you looking to build things *with*
NetBeans or *on top of* NetBeans?  Either way, I think the suggestion
that NetBeans ignores OSGi is wrong though (and not sure what outdated
technologies you refer to?).

I'm currently torn between OSGi and JPMS for something I'm working on
that's somewhat related.  Any good links / literature on *why* OSGi
for this particular use case?

Best wishes,

Neil