I'm sorry. I was too superficial.

You might try to add the -J-Dnetbeans.keyring.no.native=true besides the -J-Dnetbeans.keyring.no.master=true that might help.

On 5/28/19 9:29 PM, Thomson, Duncan wrote:

I think you misunderstood.  I don’t want NetBeans to try to use gnome keyring.  I don’t want to try to fix gnome keyring.  I’m not running a gnome desktop anyway.

I can’t see any reason why Netbeans needs to use keyring.  In fact, as I mentioned, it works if I simply cancel the dialog, which I think proves that this is a bug, not a feature.  The problem is that the dialog keeps popping up and I have to cancel it a half dozen times for each git operation.

*From:*Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, May 28, 2019 6:38 PM
*To:* users@netbeans.apache.org
*Subject:* [EXT] Re: Prevent NetBeans from trying to use "keyring"

This might help: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=87296332

On 5/28/19 3:04 PM, Thomson, Duncan wrote:

    I’m getting a really annoying prompt from Netbeans when I try to
    use Git with a remote repository:

    “Enter password to unlock your login keyring”

    The problem is I’m not using a login keyring.  For some reason
    (probably because I’m not using Gnome) the keyring is not working,
    and I don’t really need it, so I’d rather not try to debug it.  I
    don’t need it and don’t want it.  I don’t want NetBeans to store
    any passwords in any form – I’m happy to type in whatever is
    needed when it is needed.

    If I cancel the prompt, which comes up about 6 times, I can
    proceed and connect to the git server normally using ssh and my
    stored ssh key, which I unlock with its passcode.  So I know
    NetBeans does not actually need this login keyring in order to
    proceed – it’s supposed to be a convenience to me – but I DON’T
    WANT IT.  Sigh.

    How can I disable this prompt in NetBeans?  I saw some old threads
    which indicated I could set -J-Dnetbeans.keyring.no.master=true in
    netbeans.conf, but this does not seem to have any effect.

    Duncan