On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 12:09 AM <mmo...@me.com.invalid> wrote:
> Entering data and depressing entry allows access to the contents the user has
> entered but doesn’t go to the next field. Depressing tab moves the focus to
> the next field but does not allow access to the data in the first field.
I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but:
If you press Return/Enter in a JTextField you'll get an ActionPerformed event
If you press Tab in a JTextField you'll get a FocusLost event (and
FocusGained in another component)
In either case you can get the contents of any text field at any time
by calling its getText() method.
So you can add handlers for the ActionPerformed and FocusLost events
to all the components you're interested in, and point these at a
common method which gets the data it needs from each component and
does whatever you want. In other words, ignore the stuff in the Event
parameter passed to the handler.
That's what I'd do, I bet others will have a more elegant way to do it.
Peter