Geertjan,
   the code needs a few classes from the compiler tree API (e.g.
com.sun.source.util - TreePath, Trees, etc). I looked around but couldn't
find what dependency to add to the project instead. It seems that those
classes are still available in newer SDKs, but the compilation fails in
them.

Cheers - Alex K