I have seen an issue where NetBeans does not have the main class selected
but not what is being described here.

While it's on my mind, since I generally focus on debugging during NetCAT
time, I don't know/recall if this "issue/behavior" covered in the tests for
the IDE.

I have always been impressed with how extensive the tests (and associated
instructions) are so I would not be surprised if the answer is yes.