I am glad it was solved and I would like to try to replicate that issue
because I have installed NB on Linux, Windows, and macOS many times over
the years but I don't recall seeing this.  Of course if could be that out
of habit I navigate to what I want to use as the default JDK.  I tend to
keep multiple versions on my machines for various reasons.