On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 at 16:05, Alan Cameron
<alan.camer...@virginmedia.com.invalid> wrote:
> Walter Oney’s email is the last straw for me.

Why?!

> I had been a user of NetBeans 8.2 , using it for self-training in C, C++ and
> PHP when this Apache incubation thing started and NetBeans 8.2 was dropped
> from any sort of support. I have been watching the emails to this list with
> increasing worries that it would never get around to PHP let alone C, C++.

PHP is in, C/C++ should be coming in 11.3 in January, or you can still
install the old plugins as far as I know.

> A radical rethink is long overdue and I wonder how commercial shops can stand
> the ever mounting problems with this and that. I am surprised there are any
> commercial users left using NetBeans.

Apache *is* the radical rethink!  Another radical rethink is the last
thing we need right now.

These things take time to happen, like any other community driven
software - I still wouldn't choose to use anything else.  But choose
to use what is right for you!

Best wishes,

Neil