On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 at 12:04, Walter Oney <walter.o...@oneylaw.com> wrote:
> My current self-assigned task is to port the app to Linux in the hope that
> I’ll find more robust WiFi support than Win10 has. I was hopping along as a
> happy little bunny with NetBeans 8.4 and some version or another of the JDK
> that included JavaFX. I was misled by the incomplete instructions for
> installing JNA to omit downloading jna.jar. Someone later corrected my
> mistake on the stackoverflow forum, but not before I had installed JDK 13, a
> current release of OpenJFX, and NetBeans 11.1. I ended up in Version Hell,
> which is where you go when you have mismatched versions of your tools. I
> don’t even know what the path back might be.

My first thought is are you doing this on the Linux machine you talk
about or still on Windows 10?  If Linux, which OS?  And what exactly
do you mean by "installing"?  Some of the things you mention there
should probably be part of your project but not installed.  Relying on
Linux packages for anything other than perhaps OpenJDK is very hit and
miss!

Best wishes,

Neil