From: Chris Olsen <col...@mchsi.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 12:56 PM
To: Jack Woehr <softwo...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: A Bad Thing has happened to the promise of platform independence

Jack and All --

  I fear that my jpackage question of a few days ago unintentionally ignited
something of a contentious discussion, for which I must apologize!  I beat Jack
by 5 years having been in this game (as a hobby mostly) for about 45 years.  I
agree with Jack's sentiments below -- programming IS a pain in the butt -- but
also brings the excitement of the hunt and pride of problem solved. (Easy for
me to say -- I work in an academic environment without the real-world time
pressure most of you probably work under.)

  As I try to move from 8 to 11 I, too, wish it were easier -- but until it is
I (mostly) enjoy the hunt and (totally) appreciate the assistance and wisdom of
the people on this list.

  -- Chris