On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 17:19, Greenberg, Gary <ggree...@visa.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, per company policy we all have to work on Java 8 and versions
> of Java are downloaded automatically.
> Thus, JDK 8u231 was installed on my machine about a week ago. Before I was
> using JDK 8u221 and did not have this problem.
> Shall I downgrade?

Just edit netbeans.conf as suggested above.  Add in
-J-Djdk.lang.Process.allowAmbiguousCommands=true as per
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1581/files

Or you could edit your desktop shortcut to launch NetBeans with that
option instead.

> BTW, I did go to the Oracle site and there is no JDK 11.2 there. 11.0.5 is
> the latest in Java 11.
> https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/overview/index.html

11.2 refers to NetBeans 11.2, which has just been voted for release,
although not announced yet.  That has the fix in netbeans.conf built
in.

Best wishes,

Neil