Just noticed that this last query and my response should have gone via the user
group. John
-------- Original message --------From: jbarrow104 <jbarrow...@gmail.com> Date:
12/12/2019  17:40  (GMT+00:00) To: "Ortwin Pinke | Parkerlebnis.de"
<ortwin.pi...@parkerlebnis.de> Subject: Re: Auto-backup of unsaved source files
In the simple case, you could use Windows explorer to access the files that
were maintained in that session, although ideally Netbeans would detect that
there were unsaved files in that user specified folder when next launched and
remind you whether you want to load them back into Netbeans in an unsaved state
so you then either discard or save your work.Having the option, no matter how
crude, is infinitely better than having to type back in your latest
changes.John-------- Original message --------From: "Ortwin Pinke |
Parkerlebnis.de" <ortwin.pi...@parkerlebnis.de> Date: 12/12/2019  15:07
(GMT+00:00) To: John Barrow <jbarrow...@gmail.com> Subject: Re: Auto-backup of
unsaved source files
    Hi,
    and what should happen if you' ll need that shapshots and in
      witch case?
    Regards Ortwin

    Am 10.12.19 um 21:42 schrieb John
      Barrow:

      <!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Verdana;
        panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:"Verdana\,sans-serif";}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0cm;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
        margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
-->

        Slim,

        Thanks for trying that.

        However, looking at some of the user
          comments on the plug-in page, one of them states “is
            that it simply executes the Save All action at regular
            intervals”. Your experience below seems to back this
          up.

        This wasn’t really what I was after as that
          affects the main source files and I might want to throw the
          changes away. The version I was used to, used a different,
          user specified folder to snapshot all the open source files
          into and refreshed the contents every ‘x’ seconds. Once a file
          was saved in the IDE, the snapshot was deleted to avoid
          cluttering up the folder.

        That way, it didn’t interfere with the
          normal operation of the IDE, but sits in the background for
          the rare time it may be needed.

        Perhaps, once I have learnt enough Java and
          have time to build Netbeans from scratch and learn about
          writing your own plug-ins, I might have a go at providing one!

        John