On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 15:16, Paul Szudzik <pszud...@throwarock.com> wrote:
>     I see streams of notes that are asking questions about compatibility.  (
> The latest straw is the Ant image ... )  I see how once the major players in
> NetBeans get on a wagon, the trail off is almost impossible.  If you’re new
> to NetBeans, perhaps this is a good trend.  If you have dealt with NetBeans
> as long as I have.. it becomes more than just an annoyance.  It almost easier
> to find another IDE to settle in on, as the amount of work to transfer 100+
> projects, probably more, from old NetBeans to new NetBeans is formidable.

Personally, I think you're putting the "blame" firmly in the wrong
place.  Java is changing, JavaFX is changing, build tools are evolving
- this is all for the better in my opinion, but it requires learning
new things.  And switching IDE will not change that, and will probably
make for even more annoyance.

As Emi has already mentioned, there are numerous ways of working the
old way, with a Java 8 JDK, possibly even with JavaFX bundled, for a
number of years yet (although that's maybe not much use if you like
what Gluon is doing).  None of the support for the older ways of
working have been removed from the IDE as far as I know.

To paraphrase your domain, maybe throw the rock elsewhere?! :-)

Best wishes,

Neil