Folks,

I'm currently working with NetBeans 12 beta 1 running on Windows 10
Professional and OpenJDK 11.-0.6. First of all, hats off to everyone who
contributed to this. It's running fine for all of my projects
(maven-based web and command line projects).

I do have the notification showing 'Install nb-javac'. I've seen several
threads in both the developers' list and users' list saying to not
install nb-javac. I've also seen messages saying that if you run into
problems with nb-javac, disabling it is not enough. It must be uninstalled.

Is there a definitive list of the benefits that nb-javac brings, and
when you should not install nb-javac?

Considering this is also a beta, is the corresponding nb-javac even
available?

I'm running NetBeans 11.1 as well with nb-javac installed with no
issues. However, NetBeans 12 fixes several issues (JavaScript CDN,
Tomcat 7.0.103 launching) that are important in my environment.

Thanks for any insight.

.. . . just my two cents.
/mde/