I'm encountering this too at times. I think it's a caching issue.
This works for me:
Go to the NetBeans cache directory, which is platform specific. On Linux
it's in .cache/netbeans/VERSION
Clear everything but not mavenindex and mavencachedirs. I'm sure that not
all files and folder must be deleted, so one try to find out which file
oder folder exactly must be removed.
Restart the IDE

Hope it helps,
Boris