That's the problem. Tools->Options->anything doesn't seem to have a 'Preferences', or I've missed it. Run->Set Project Configuration->Customize is similarly bereft of 'Preferences'. I've looked at some of the other menu items and, well, I just can't seem to find the fool thing.

There is a Tools->Libraries and Tools->Java Platforms which have possibilities, but I'm sure that I'm not sure what to do with them.

I should have told you all this stuff before.

Sigh. We have different versions of NB. (Since it's late at night) This is where we can start the NB wars. The "nah, nah, nah nahnah, my NB's better than your NB. On the other hand, your NB works!

I did get the environment variable set correctly, and I did change PATH correctly. So now a command line "> gradle -v" works. And here a side note. I use the cygwin shell exclusively, so, as needed, I set up aliases, paths and whatever else I need. NB uses windows. So I'm always doing some kind of translation to figure out where I am and what I've got.

art