Hi,

Hopefully, you can give mesome hints how to overcome my problem.

I am running Windows 10, Netbeans 12.1 with Gradle 6.6, Java 14.

I have a multi-module, multi-project application with Gradle. The
important parts of build.gradle:

apply plugin: 'application'
def LO_HOME = 'C:/Program Files/LibreOffice'

dependencies {
    implementation project(':Tools')
    compileOnly files("${LO_HOME}/program/classes/libreoffice.jar",
"${LO_HOME}/program/classes/unoloader.jar")
    runtimeOnly files("${LO_HOME}/program/classes/libreoffice.jar",
"${LO_HOME}/program/classes/unoloader.jar")
}

application {
    mainClass = 'LOTestsGradleMulti.Tests.SWriter'

}

The application runs ok if launched from within Netbeans. So far, so good;
But I cannot be executed correctly from the build distribution, because:

- the LibreOffice  jars (libreoffice.jar, unoloader.jar) must reside in
their original location within LibreOffice (otherwise the LO system
cannot be found)
- for the distribution, the jars are copied into the lib fiolder (where
they cannot be used due to the above point)
- the classpath in the created execution script
set
CLASSPATH=%APP_HOME%\lib\Tests.jar;%APP_HOME%\lib\libreoffice.jar;%APP_HOME%\lib\unoloader.jar;%APP_HOME%\lib\Tools.jar

I can make it run if I change
%APP_HOME%\lib\libreoffice.jar;%APP_HOME%\lib\unoloader.jar; to refer to
the correct LibreOffice directory, either by introducing a new variable
or fixed path

What I would need:
- how can I avoid copying the jars to the lib folder ?
- how can the classpath created with the correct directory, even better
by using a variable ?
- still may be run from Netbeans

Note:
if I remove the runtimeOnly:
        - the jars are not copied to lib
        - the classpath still contains the above unusable value
        - it cannot be run from the IDE any more

Thanks in advance
Helmut Leininger