Hi,
Since the departure of JAXB from JDK 8, I am wondering how to patch my current
POM, so I can retrofit some legacy (JDK 6 ) codebase with JAXB API into my
maven based JAVAFX project using JDK 14?
I have added the following directives to the project POM dependency list:
<dependency>
            <groupId>javax.xml.bind</groupId>
            <artifactId>jaxb-api</artifactId>
            <version>2.3.1</version>
</dependency>
However, the "import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlRootElement;" statement ends
with a compiler error of "Package javax.xml.bin.annotation" does not exists. In
addition, I tried to add "requires javax.xml.bind.annotation" to the
Module-Info and that didn't help and caused another error
(javax.xml.bind.annotation module not found)

Any insights would be very helpful at this point.
Thanks in advance.