Make sure that you are using JDK 11+ when running NetBeans. The latest JDK is recommended as the HiDPI support is becoming better over the time. Honestly, I'd just use my display as 1080p. I've did the same with my 2nd generation GalagoPro (that came with a 3K display). I've never regretted that setting.