Surely, to "cross thread" perhaps against normal practice, the argument
that was presented in the "12.1?" thread ("it's not an update, it's a
feature release") doesn't stand up when the suggestion for fixing a bug
in an LTS release ("extensively tested") is "can you reproduce it in
the non-LTS version" ?

Mark