It is possible to disable it:

Tools > Options > Miscellaneous > Janitor

On 12/8/20 11:02 AM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
Brenden Towey schrieb am 08.12.2020 um 18:31:
2. The "janitor" that checks old installs and cleans them up is useful idea.

Actually I would like to disable that.

It also complains that I haven't used VisualVM for a while. And I purposely keep an old NetBeans 8.0 installation around. So I get two messages each time I start NetBeans, which is a bit annoying.

I would really like that message to have a "Do not show this message again" option, or to disable the check completely.

Thomas