Hello,
I am running NetBeans 12 in Ubuntu 14.04. When trying to load a file of text, I
get the message "It seems that the file is too big to open safely...etc...". I
have changed the netbeans.conf and app.conf files to include

-J-Xms512m -J-Xmx2048m

but I still get the error. I want to try increasing the allocation(s) for the
JVM itself, but I can't find instructions to do that when you're using
NetBeans, only for times when you're running "javac" and "java" commands in a
terminal -- my installation doesn't recognize the "java" command - if it did
I'd enter

java -J-Xms512m -J-Xmx2048m

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Chris Lanz

Department of Computer Science

340 Dunn Hall, SUNY Potsdam

lan...@potsdam.edu

315 267 2407

315 268 1547

Nature and nature's laws lay hid in night:
God said, Let Newton be! and all was light. (Pope)

It did not last: the Devil howling "Ho!
Let Einstein be!" restored the status quo. (Squire)