Hi,

I remember also got such messages in the past during opening big text files in
my netbeans-
platform applications and with increasing heap-size I cauld not get rid of the
message. In my
cases after closing the dialog all works fine. So I dont have a closer look at
this. Maybe there
is simple somewhere hardcoded a maximum file size and after reaching this size
the dialog
is thrown.

I am also interested in, if you can fix this.

best regards
Oliver

Hello,
I am running NetBeans 12 in Ubuntu 14.04. When trying to load a file of text, I
get the
message "It seems that the file is too big to open safely...etc...". I have
changed the
netbeans.conf and app.conf files to include

-J-Xms512m -J-Xmx2048m

but I still get the error. I want to try increasing the allocation(s) for the
JVM itself, but I can't
find instructions to do that when you're using NetBeans, only for times when
you're running
"javac" and "java" commands in a terminal -- my installation doesn't recognize
the "java"
command - if it did I'd enter

java -J-Xms512m -J-Xmx2048m

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Chris Lanz
Department of Computer Science
340 Dunn Hall, SUNY Potsdam
lan...@potsdam.edu
315 267 2407
315 268 1547

Nature and nature's laws lay hid in night:God said, /Let Newton be!/ and all
was light. (Pope)

It did not last: the Devil howling "Ho!Let Einstein be!" restored the status
quo. (Squire)