Hi,
This might be a dumb question: does Netbeans have an external API (e.g.
REST) that would allow a remote program to direct Netbeans to open a file
at a given line number?  I have a program that does some analysis on
application source code and then needs to let the user edit some specific
source files  using whatever their favorite IDE.  If possible, I’d like to
avoid writing my app as a plugin for each IDE.

I’m not sure if this is actually the right mailing list to ask this
question.  Feel free to point me to another if it’s not.

Thanks,
Tom