Yes. It uses the existing opened instance if it's running.

On 1/14/21 7:56 PM, Thomas Wolf wrote:
Hey, thanks Lazlo - will that use a currently running netbeans if it’s running?
 If so, this is good enough for me!  Sorry for the poor wording - when I said
“remote” I should have said “external” (like outside the netbeans process/jvm)

Thanks a bunch!
tom