Hello,

One of our fellow correspondents has suggested that I repeat this question. I
am following their advice. Please forgive me.

I need to use the jxl library in Netbeans 12 running in Ubuntu 14.04. I have
followed the directions available online:

  *   adding the jxl-2.6.jar file to the classpath
  *   placing the jxl-2.6.jar file in the same directory as the source
  *   placing it in a new folder called "+libs"
  *   adding a new library containing it
  *   importing the classes

and yet NetBeans is still unable to find the classes in the library, saying
"the jxl package does not exist". I haven't found any instructions specifically
for Netbeans 12 on linux - please let me know if they exist. It is likely that
I'm missing some step in the process, so please mention all the necessary steps
after download/extract the zipped .jar file.

Chris Lanz

Department of Computer Science

340 Dunn Hall, SUNY Potsdam

lan...@potsdam.edu