Hi,

I had no problems running PHP 7.4 with Xdebug 2.9 and also Xdebug 3.0.

Just make sure you have configured correct port in NetBeans settings because Xdebug 3.0 changed it from 9000 to 9003.

This is my xdebug.ini for Xdebug 3.0 to be used with Xdebug helper extension in browser (only convenient way of switching debugging and profiling):

zend_extension=xdebug.so
xdebug.mode=debug,profile
xdebug.start_with_request=trigger
xdebug.output_dir = "/tmp"
xdebug.idekey = netbeans-xdebug
xdebug.profiler_output_name = "cachegrind.out.%t.%p"

With regards,

Tom