From: Thomas Kellerer <sham...@gmx.net>
Sent: 12 March 2021 08:29
To: NetBeans Users <users@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: A little Gradle problem

I have a multi-module Gradle project that compiles fine and runs all tests from
the command line.

Building and testing (right-click on the project, then choosing "Test") also
works fine from within NetBeans.

However, one Test has the following imports:

    import
org.springframework.boot.test.context.ConfigDataApplicationContextInitializer;
    import org.springframework.test.context.ContextConfiguration;
    import org.springframework.test.context.junit.jupiter.SpringExtension;

But NetBeans claims the packages don't exist.

build.gradle includes the following modules:

    // Test
    testCompile("org.junit.jupiter:junit-jupiter-api:${junitVersion}")
    testRuntime("org.junit.jupiter:junit-jupiter-engine:${junitVersion}")

testRuntime("org.junit.platform:junit-platform-launcher:${junitPlatformVersion}")
    testImplementation ("org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-test")
    testImplementation ("org.freemarker:freemarker:${freemarkerVersion}")

when I add the spring boot version:

    testImplementation
("org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-test:${springBootVersion}")

then NetBeans is happy again.

This is a sub-module of a multi-module project and springBootVersion is defined
in the properties of the main project, not the module.

I am not really experienced with Gradle, so I don't know whether this is
incorrect in Gradle to begin with (but apparently "tolerated" because the
project builds) and NetBeans just follows that, or if this is a problem in
NetBeans.

Thanks
Thomas