Gregor,

I was actually looking at that link as you were emailing me :)
Pointing to the 8.2 catalog did not work, don't know why,
but CVS did not show up as an option.

What DID work however was, from the same thread, manually downloading

org-jdesktop-layout-RELEASE802.nbm
org-netbeans-lib-cvsclient-RELEASE712.nbm
org-netbeans-modules-versioning-system-cvss-RELEASE701.nbm

and installing all 3 plugins manually.  I'm back in business.

Thanks!  Much Appreciated,

Tony