Even Maven provides a pretty bad support for EAR-s. Go for WAR...

On 8/7/21 12:02 PM, José Contreras wrote:
I just tested this on master and got the same error when trying to build the EAR. The problem is that the pom files are badly created, to solve this you will have to rectify the pom files. You could check the code examples (and the pom files) of the book in github <https://github.com/Apress/full-stack-web-development-with-jakartaee-and-vue.js/tree/master/CH1/StartWithJEE>.

Regards
José Contreras