> On Sep 5, 2021, at 1:15 AM, Will Hartung <willhart...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You don't want to use a generic Maven Java project.
>
> You should use either "FXML JavaFX Maven Archetype (Gluon)" or "Simple JavaFX
> Maven Archetype (Gluon)"
>
> It takes more than simply adding dependencies to get JavaFX to work, and
> these two projects tweak the pom.xml file appropriately.

The easiest way to get JavaFX working smoothly is to use a JDK that has JavaFX
modules built-in.  Azul and BellSoft provide such installs of Open JDK as free
downloads.  They make development with JavaFX simpler, I recommend them.

https://www.azul.com/downloads/?package=jdk-fx
or
https://bell-sw.com/pages/downloads/#mn  (choose “Full JDK”)

Scott