From the top level menu:

Tools->Plugins, settings tab
Check NetBeans 8.2 Plugin Portal
Switch to Available Plugins tab
Press Check for Newest
Find "C/C++" entry, check, Install
Exit the plugins menu

Tool->Options, C/C++ tab, Build-tools subtab
You will see the tool collections you can choose on the left.  Set a default.

On 8/19/21 11:34 AM, dms489 wrote:

I need to build C/C++ projects on Netbeans 12.4 Ubuntu 18.04. There have been a long list of failures - trying earlier versions of Netbeans and even Eclipse. I can't find a simple tutorial / example for using the Lightweight C/C++.

Here is what I have done so far:

1. Install Netbeans 12.4 with 'sudo apt install netbeans'. This loaded java 11 jdk.

2. Wrote and tested the usual Java Hello World.

3. Installed build essentials with 'sudo apt install build-essential'

4. checked that gcc, make and gdb are accessible.

5. tried to start a C/C++ project as follows:

a. New Project -> C/C++ / Lightweight C/C++ Project

b. Next-> project path set to /home/david/NetBeansProjects

c. Next-> Compile Commands: ... and I'm stuck. It seems to want the tool set to use, but I can't find it.

Any pointers appreciated.

DMS

--
David Smith