On 2021/09/21 19:44:25, Peter <todive...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been beating my head over this for several days. Thought maybe it was a
> nb-javac issue. I deactivated nb-javac plugin to eliminate. I have a jar I
> created with shaded plugin. I compile with "java platform:" JDK 11 and
> "Source/Binary Format:" 11. The default JDK for netbeans is 11. My original
> problem was with System.getProperty("java.runtime.version"). I thought that
> would give me the running JDK, instead I get what class was compiled with in
> Netbeans. Next I tried running my shaded jar (everything with JDK 11) with
> java version 1.8 expecting to get a miss-match. It ran fine with the
> getProperty reporting 11. I first tried asking this question here:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69228399/java-system-getpropertyjava-runtime-version-not-reporting-correctly
>
> Maybe I wasn't clear. Obviously, I'm missing something?

Dumb user problem:
 I’ve been beating my brain on this and getting nowhere. I have two java
programs I wrote and turn into .app on my mac os x system. Today, I tried
running an 11 version on my Windows 10 system with JDK 1.8. It failed as I
thought it should. It dawned on me that on Windows, I execute them as jars. I
tried the same on Mac OS X (ie run the jar). It failed. My launch script in my
application bundle looks for the highest level JDK on the system, not the
currently active JDK.