I would agree with you Emilian. Similar forces drove me to Java 15 years
ago. I have felt for the longest time that my nature for mechanical
curiosity has been used to fulfil the pernicious narcissism of others. I
imagine that in the future, my dalliance with Kotlin may come at some
financial expense.

I just write computer programs.